June 29, 2011

1 Motivating Entertainment


Soul Surfer

This is the best movie I have seen in a long time. I remember hearing about this girl's story when I was younger, and I'm so glad they made a movie about her. It's stories like hers that make you want to be better and to make a difference. It is an uplifting family film that teaches you about compassion, strength, and God. This is going on my top 5 movie list. And if you do go see it, bring tissues. Believe me, you'll need them.



I can't decide if I love or hate this book. Probably both. 
It is a heart wrenching story of two boys that grew up together in Afghanistan. It is an eye opener into the lifestyle and treatment of Afghanistan citizens when the Taliban came in and took over. The story has a lot of drama and it doesn't exactly end happy either. But It makes you realize how blessed you are. It makes you want to do something. It makes you want to contribute, to serve, to pray for people that are in awful situations and can't do anything about it. 
(Warning: The book does have some language and graphic material).

I'll be reading A Thousand Splendid Suns next. 

I'd love to hear any recommendations of feel good movies/books.
Thanks!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been reading a lot lately. But it's hard to know what kind of book you'll be reading without actually reading it. I've always thought, they have ratings on Movies and CD's so why not books? Well here is the answer: http://www.novelbookratings.com/index.php.
Maybe one day they'll get smart and just put the rating on the back cover of books.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Doug and I saw that girl surfing at Sunset Beach in Hawaii! We should have taken a picture. The waves were huge that day and she was walking back in with a broken board. I want to see that movie now!

    ReplyDelete