January 7, 2013

0 My Babies

I'm a little late in posting my New Year's resolutions, but one of them is to spend more time with these little smidges.

I feel like every day since Kenzie turned two has been a battle. I've always heard the twos were terrible, but I had no idea it would be like this. This year I've decided that, terrible or not, I want to enjoy each moment I have with these sillies, and I need to start by remember that she's only two and letting her act like a two year old. The older I get, the more I realize how not fun being an adult is, so I don't want her to have to be an adult any time soon. 

For example, Kenzie asks me to play tigers or lions or monsters with her all the time, and I'm sad to say that my answer is often "in a minute" or "not right now, later." But the "later" never comes or I only last about five minutes playing pretend with her. (There are so many other things I'd rather be doing than playing pretend...) So, I want to be a mom that says "yes" more often than "no." I want to be the mom that will play pretend, be imaginative, and encourage my kids to be silly and, well, kids. 

I really want to spend every day this year thinking, "How can I be the best mom to my kids?" I love my two little munchkins and feel so incredibly blessed that they chose to come to me. I want them to feel equally as blessed to call me their mom. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment