May 22, 2012

3 Branching Out


I recently purchased this book on filet crochet. And here is my first filet crochet project! It's of the LDS Mesa, Arizona Temple (if you couldn't tell). With filet crochet you use crochet thread and a size 6 or 7 crochet hook. They're tiny! It definitely takes some getting used to. Patterns are actually pretty easy to come up with because all you have to do is draw it out on graph paper.

I plan on framing this and giving it to my mom for a late Mother's Day present. I'm going to try making more and experiment with different yarns and hooks. So let me know what you think!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. this will look SO darling in a frame! your too talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute! Please show it to us when it's all framed!

    Also, I really like your blog button - great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I've done filet crochet with last names. I LOVE the temple idea!

    ReplyDelete