November 7, 2011

2 Crochet Clubs First Meeting

Okay I've come up with some dates and if they don't work let me know, but for right now here is the time for our first crochet meeting.

Tuesday, November 15th at 3:00pm
and 
Thursday, November 17th at 8pm
(e-mail me for directions to my house: alynnc17@gmail.com)

I'm going to be doing a afternoon class and a night class. So if you want to come during the day with your kids you can, or if you want to come when they're sleeping and at home with dad you can come then too. Or you can come both times! We can talk about times/how often to meet/etc. when/if you guys show up. 

Some things we'll be learning at our first meeting include:
-basic stitches: single, double crochet
-increasing and decreasing
-abbreviations
-how to read patterns

Bring some yarn and a crochet hook (size G I think is the best for beginners), or I have a bunch of supplies you can learn with/use. 

I'm so excited! I'm definitely not an expert on the subject, and if you already know the basics you can just come and help others, or bring a project to work on. I'm hoping this club will help everyone(me) survive the winter a little happier and give us all something to do! 

And I'm going to try and post about our meetings and give you some tutorials for those of you that can't make it. (I say try because it's very time consuming!)

Hope to see you guys next week!
Pin It

2 comments: