October 12, 2011

3 Tatting


I'm learning how to tat. It's a way to make lace and doilies and other pretty things. It takes a long time and lots of patience. But when I went to the Temple with Nick the other day to do sealings I couldn't stop staring at the beautiful tatted cloth. I looked it up and found some more information on it here and here(scroll down to the article Tatting for the Temple). And then I thought, "I have to do this." 

So, call me crazy, but I am going to learn how to tat and hopefully get good enough to donate a tatted cloth to a Temple. It will take me approximately 450 hours to do one. So why am I doing this? Because I've been reading this book and feel inspired by the women who served diligently and sacrificed everything they had to serve others. I want to make this to remember those women and their sacrifices. I want to make this to learn their patience and their unwavering faith and testimony. 

If you are not LDS you can learn more about us here.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. you are amazing! can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, you are the craftiest person I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever finish it? I would love to see a picture, and feature your efforts on www.ldslacemaker.com if you pursued this project, even if it's still in the process. The Lord needs beautiful lace makers. :-)

    ReplyDelete