May 30, 2011

0 Meatless Monday: Lentil Soup

It's been rainy here so I made Lentil Soup. I can't remember where I found this recipe, but it is so good.

Lentil Soup

1 C. Lentils
7 C. Water
Combine and cook for 25 minutes

1 Tbl. Oil
2 Medium Onions
4 Garlic Cloves
Fry onion and garlic in oil until a little bit brown
2 C. Stewed Tomatoes
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Ground Coriander
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/4 c. Rice (cooked)
1/4 cup lemon
Add these ingredients to the lentils and water when they are done cooking

It serves about 6-8 people.

I love this recipe because I usually have all the ingredients in my pantry so on days when I haven't gone to the grocery store in awhile I make this. 

Don't forget to enter my giveaway. It ends Today!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment